One of the things I wanted to do this year was to redesign my trees a bit. Take things further, figure out new ways to make them, add to them... things like that. That's actually how the Sparkle Forest got going. Taking the trees from chips to facets meant a whole new way of wrapping the stones in. That could very well have opened up a plethora of stone options. Pretty excited about that.
For the last couple of weeks I've been trying to find a way to wrap trees on large stone beads instead of cabochons. It seems it should be easier a task than it's turned out to be. Still working on that.
My last attempt ended up straying a bit. I'd set out to put a tree on a Bloodstone bead, but what I ended up with was a new full moon tree. A more sculpted tree than I usually make. I tried to get a bit more creative this time. So far, what I've ended up with is...
It has gnarls, and knots. :D It also has little torched balls on the ends of the wires that I tired to weave back thru the tree to fill in it and add more depth to the tree.
heehee, it has character and stuff. :D :D
And a biiiiiiiiiiiiig full moon.
It's not done yet. It's been in the tumbler getting all strong again because all the torch work made the metal too soft and funky. Next step is antiquing. I'm curious what all the knots and such will look like when it's finished. Looks cool in my head.