Sunday, March 3, 2013

A Shiny Week of Trees, Chains and Evil Eyes

I've sure been trying real hard with the shiny making the last couple of weeks. Unfortunately, I'm running into more difficulty than usual. A couple of chainmaille fails, some tree fail, and a whole lot of weaving fail. Shinies come in spurts, that's for sure.

I did manage to pull a few things together. Yay. :D There was the new Birthstone Tree...



Before and after. :)

Last night I finished up a pair of Labradorite tree earrings I've been working on for weeks now...


Pretty excited about those jewels. Cute little baby trees :D I had a heck of a time getting 2 trees similar enough to make a pair. It's amazing how different the same tree can be each time. I ended up with 3 usable ones. I think the 3rd will be for a necklace.

I'm also working on a Sapphire chain I think might be for me...


I'm doing this chain different than the others I've made. I'm using actual links of chain between each stone wrap, which although it's wasting a lot of chain link, I'm really liking the affect it's having on the overall necklace.

Am vera pleased with it so far. May have to make a second one for the shop.

I'm also working on re-designing my Evil Eye. Trying to see how it does with some weaving going on...


I'm on the fence about it. Could be that I have the wrong weave pattern for what I wanted to do. Best try a different one.

Shiny making. 100% trial and error. And a whole lot of fun.

:D

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...