Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Tree bracelets in progress: Pride Trees

Oh, the on going tree bracelet project. I think I finally have a good handle on the /actual/ project, which has given birth to a gazillion more projects.

That's just how I roll. ;)

This week I've been test driving my working proto. Not so much testing the tree part as the leather cord part. Want to make sure it holds up.


So far so good. Aside from pulling with all my might, using pliers, it all stays put quite nicely. No snags, no catches, no breakage. Color me pleased.

During the process of figuring everything out, my original project is going to turn into a Pride Tree. I think. If they like the stones anyway. I put this one together for a tester using Amethyst, Citrine, Lapis, Peridot, Garnet and Sunstone.


If they like it, it'll be a sterling Pride Tree. :)

A couple other things I've been working on bracelet wise is turning the actual tree in to a clasp. The first one I tried was with an Amethyst bead in the center...


It's an 'almost', but needs more work. I set out to try again last weekend and ended up with this one...


Haven't decided if I like it yet. May just need to antique it and see how it grabs me. Whether or not this is the exact one I call a finished piece or not, I think it's a good start.

Tree bracelets. I almost haz 'em. :D


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...