A new Aurora Borealis tree finally made if off the table and in to the Etsy...
My almost scrapped Seraphinite Full Moon Tree of Life earrings got a second tree to make the pair...
And a new Ethopian Fire Opal mini tree got it's shine one too...
All finished up and even listed too :D Go me.
The big whoowhoo for the weekend was my new medallion. I've made several now, but I've been trying to come up with a better way of doing them. A faster way. The medallions currently take about 10 - 12 hrs to make, if not more, and that's a lot. I wanted to find a way that works well, takes less time, and looks good too. Surely that's not asking too much. Right?
Well, I think I did it. I've been working on learning some new techniques and it seemed very promising for the backing I'm doing on these. (that part alone took 2-3hrs, if all went well) I was vera excited. It worked up faster, looked better but without actually making a medallion with it, I had no idea if it was going to work out. So, This weekend I tried puting it all together, and voila!
A new, redesigned, Jade Infinity Medallion. The new backing worked wonderfully!!
I am so vera excited about all these things.
I tried the infinity scroll design with it first, to see how it would work for a piece that needed many anchor points. It all worked out beautifully. Next time I think I'll try it out on a more open piece. I have a couple new designs bouncing around in my head that wouldn't work before and I can't wait to try them. If it works as well as I think, I may have just opened up a gazillion new possibilities for medallions.
That rocks mah socks.